Increasing Traffic to Your E-Commerce Store Using Magento Facebook Apps
Since the last couple of years Social Networks have been highly focused. The ease with which people are creating and expanding their business networks and contacts, has created immense excitement in the business world. Marketing departments of corporations and SMEs are planning to find the ways of tapping these huge databases of such prospects. This has given rise to what is called Social Media Marketing – a more sophisticated form of word-of-mouth marketing. To E-Commerce stores, social networks are one of the most productive and fertile platforms for new customers, considering that they are already online and need to be just persuaded on to the e-store.
No wonder, a lot of people have been trying to integrate Facebook into their marketing strategies in different ways. The simplest and most common practice has been to create a Facebook Fan page for the E-Commerce store’s site and make people familiar with it through Facebook ads. For the purpose of marketing their products via social marketing; the most lucrative approach, for manufacturers and marketers, is the integration of an online store within their Facebook account(s). In this way, one can browse through a web-store after logging into Facebook.
This has also been done before, but a new application, called Magento Facebook App does it in a more comprehensive way. This application enables buyers to shop from a product catalogue that is available on a Magento store through the buyer’s Facebook profile.
How Magento Facebook App actually works:
An E-Commerce site can display its Magento store in a user’s Facebook profile through the Facebook app store. The user can browse through the e-store, purchase one or more items and checkout, all within the Facebook account. Once purchasing is done, the product and sale info is posted on the users’ wall. Furthermore, there is a “recommend button” for all the products and once the user clicks on it, the product info will be posted on all his/her friends’ wall(s), and they too can make the purchase in a similar fashion. Again, the secondary user’s purchase information is posted on all the friends’ walls, thus creating a viral wave of purchase updates.
The extension comes with several features as listed below. All these features integrate or exploit one or more features in Facebook to engage the user, or the user’s contacts. For an E-Commerce website, the benefit of doing so is that buyers are spending more time on Facebook as well as on the online stores, which makes it the most cost-effective method of grabbing prospects’ attention.
The Facebook integration makes the process more convenient for a user/buyer. Because every new visitor to the store is logged into Facebook by default, every new user automatically becomes a registered user, eliminating the need for additional registration. Moreover, once the E-Commerce Store is setup on Facebook with the ready-to-use Facebook online store app, a single Web Store can be run in two domains simultaneously which leads to more eyeballs and more possibilities of referral marketing which helps in increasing sales.
Key features and benefits of the App:
- It recommends products that appear in the product catalogue to contacts in the user’s Facebook network.
- Every Facebook user can invite their friends to the Facebook store by using this app.
- Product updates displayed on the costumer’s wall immediately
- Default Facebook login for every customer/buyer.
- This app categorizes the products displayed on the Facebook online store, which gives more choice to buyers.
- Checkouts processed via Magento back-end thus allowing a secured shopping process.
- Purchase details of the original referrer and referred friends displayed for maximum social impact.
- Homepage design can be customized as per the online store design.
- Ability to track order details within the Facebook account.
- Products can be displayed in Grid View or List View.
- Compatible with all Magento supported payment gateways.
- Easy to administer: Admin can update product details and categories in Facebook store and Magento store at the same time, set wall status message and invitation message, customize homepage design, set the number of items to be displayed per page, etc.
Product manufacturers in the recent past have been devising newer ways of integrating Facebook features into their marketing plans. However, knowing how much of the Facebook features to integrate into the marketing plan, without appearing intrusive, had been quite a dilemma. Hopefully, some of the dilemmas must have been cleared now, looking at the way applications like Magento Facebook App have been able to smoothly integrate most of the Facebook features, to maximize visibility as well as sales.